Short Story Contest
Seattle Writing Contest hosts a twice-yearly short story competition! The format maximum is 1500 words, no minimum length, no genre restrictions. Please legibly print your name and work title, on each submitted work.
ONE FIRST PLACE SUBMISSION
$450 Cash Prize
Priority consideration by literary agents
Free submission code for any of our competitions
TWO RUNNER UP SUBMISSIONS
$75 Cash Prize
Consideration by literary agents
TWO HONORABLE MENTION SUBMISSIONS
Exposure to literary agents
Stay connected to any new updates or deadlines:
ALL FINALISTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Protected publishing/copyrights
- Seattle Writing Contest memorabilia
- Certiﬁcate of participation
- Results notiﬁcation within 60 days from competition end
How it Works
A simple break-down of our process.
First, all works go through a point-based screening matrix which narrows the entries down to the finalists.
Then we bring in industry professionals - literary agents, editors, publishers... to review the finalists and reach a consensus on the winners.
The winner is announced, awarded the prize, and connected directly with these literary gatekeepers.
- Submissions with grammar or spelling errors may be penalized.
- One entrant is allowed to enter multiple submissions. Any work entered without full entry fee must be disqualified.
- All entry fees must be paid full in USD and are non-refundable.
- For additional information on the screening/judging process see the FAQ.