ONE FIRST PLACE SUBMISSION
$350 Cash Prize
Priority consideration by literary agents
Free submission code for any of our competitions
TWO RUNNER UP SUBMISSIONS
$55 Cash Prize
Consideration by literary agents
TWO HONORABLE MENTION SUBMISSIONS
Exposure to literary agents
Stay connected to any new updates or deadlines:
ALL FINALISTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Protected publishing/copyrights
- Seattle Writing Contest memorabilia
- Certiﬁcate of participation
- Results notiﬁcation within 45 days from competition end
How it Works
A simple break-down of our process.
First, all works go through a point-based screening matrix which narrows the entries down to the finalists.
Then we bring in industry professionals - literary agents, editors, publishers... to review the finalists and reach a consensus on the winners.
The winner is announced, awarded the prize, and connected directly with these literary gatekeepers.
- All submissions must be received by the deadline to receive consideration (Deadlines: Every 15th of June and December).
- No style restrictions
- The format length is a maximum of 33 lines, submissions which logically break this length will be disqualified (i.e. font smaller than size 11).
- Your name and work title must be clearly printed on each work entered.
- All submissions must be original, unpublished works at the time of submission. Plagiarism to any degree will result in disqualification.
- Submissions with grammar or spelling errors may be penalized.
- One entrant is allowed to enter multiple submissions. Any work entered without full entry fee will be disqualified.
- All entry fees must be paid full in USD and are non-refundable.
- For additional information on the screening/judging process see the FAQ