Long Fiction Contest
Seattle Writing Contest hosts an annual Long Fiction competition! Format maximum is up to the ﬁrst 30 pages of your work, there is no minimum length and no genre restrictions. Please print your name and work title on each work!
ONE FIRST PLACE SUBMISSION
$650 Cash Prize
Priority consideration by literary agents
Free submission code for any of our competitions
TWO RUNNER UP SUBMISSIONS
$125 Cash Prize
Consideration by literary agents
TWO HONORABLE MENTION SUBMISSIONS
Exposure to literary agents
Stay connected to any new updates or deadlines:
ALL FINALISTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Protected publishing/copyrights
- Seattle Writing Contest memorabilia
- Certiﬁcate of participation
- Results notiﬁcation within 75 days from competition end
How it Works
A simple break-down of our process.
First, all works go through a point-based screening matrix which narrows the entries down to the finalists.
Then we bring in industry professionals - literary agents, editors, publishers... to review the finalists and reach a consensus on the winners.
The winner is announced, awarded the prize, and connected directly with these literary gatekeepers.
- All submissions must be received by the deadline to receive consideration (Deadlines: Every 15th of December)
- No genre restrictions
- The format length has no minimum length, but a maximum of 30 pages, submissions which logically break this length will be disqualiﬁed (i.e. font smaller than size 11).
- Your name and work title must be clearly printed on each work entered.
- All submissions must be original, unpublished works at the time of submission. Plagiarism to any degree will result in disqualiﬁcation.
- Submissions with grammar or spelling errors may be penalized.
- One entrant is allowed to enter multiple submissions. Any work entered without full entry fee will be disqualified.
- Entry fee must be paid full in USD and is non refundable.
- For additional questions on the screening/judging process see the FAQ.